ART SURGE - "Connect Through Art: Tomorrow in the Making" Summer 2022
ART SURGE 2022 - "Connect Through Art, Tomorrow in the Making"
Under the theme Connect Through Art: Tomorrow in the Making BeMA, implemented its first edition of ART SURGE, in 6 Lebanese Public Schools, from the north to the south of the country, in partnership with the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education. The program was partially sponsored by Banque BEMO.
In this unprecedented and challenging context, BeMA decided to stimulate creative energies within the Lebanese public schools’ network through punctual workshops led by experienced artists engaged in the social field, during the 2022 summer school program.
Their aim was to trigger moments for anger and pain to be expressed but also healing pathways to be found. Together with the selected artists, BeMA ran tailor-made intensive sessions that strive to transform the educational context into a space where the arts connect to contemporary realities, address the uncertain future and strive to set milestones for change.
Together with the pupils, the artists explored art practices in connection to their environment, whether it be social, urban, or natural. The students were encouraged to share their inner landscape, which helped them relate to one another, feel grounded and connected to their surroundings.
BeMA will work on implementing Art Surge whenever there´s an emergency to connect, communicate and build positive patterns to ward off or transcend the cycles of destruction and fear from the other
Chantale Fahmi & Ibtissam Dib
- Menyeh Blatt public school for girls– Menyeh, North. Chantale Fahmi and Ibtissam Dib
- Menyeh Al Hekr mixed-gender public school – Menyeh, North. Chantale Fahmi and Ibtissam Dib
- Mtein mixed-gender middle public school, Matn – Elissa Raad
- Deir Kifa middle public school, South – Ramy Saad
- Wata El Msaytbeh mixed-gender public school, Beirut – Ahmad Ghaddar
- Tarik El Jdideh 2 middle mixed-gender public school, Beirut – Jad Nassour