Through the theme of Shaping Common Spaces, the artists have focused on raising socially and nationally relevant challenges and concerns by considering one’s understanding of otherness in relation to the public sphere and identity. Through a participatory art practice, the pupils, together with the artists, explicitly reflected on the idea of space and developed – shaped - a common vision of collectivity and its shared places whether physical or intellectual.
Participating schools in 2018-2019 and artists:
1. Al Daoura co-ed public school in Akkar (6th grade)
2. Zahle al Jadida public school in Zahle (5th grade) with the artist Chantale Fahmi
3. Tyre Secondary School for girls (6th grade)
4. Rachel Edde public school in Sebeel (4th grade) with the artist Ghaleb Hawila
5. Al Oula public school in Byblos (6th grade)
6. Haret Saida public school (6th grade) with Samandal Comics
7. Co-ed school of Damour
8. Emir Chakib Erslan public school in Verdun (5th grade) with the artist Soraya Ghezelbash
9. Intermediate public school in Broumana (5th grade)
10. Kamal Jumblatt public school in Chouf (5th grade) with Studio Kawakeb.